THE FOLLOWING INSTITUTIONS HAVE TRUSTED DAI WITH THEIR LAB FREEZER PURCHASES
Ultra-Low Freezer Considerations
Our ultra-low lab freezers offer a range of options in terms of dimensions, storage capacity and temperature control. Here is an overview of what you should consider:
- Capacity: We have several upright freezer models ranging from 12 to 29 cubic feet. We also have chest freezer models with capacity ranges of 3 to 25.3 cubic feet.
- Location and placement: Our upright freezers come with space saving vacuum insulation panel (VIP) side walls, which maximize your space by providing more capacity in a smaller footprint.
- Temperature requirements: Our models have accurate microprocessor controls, which provides outstanding temperature uniformity and recovery after door openings. Most ultra-low lab freezers have a temperate control range of -50°C to -86°C. Our cryogenic freezer has a temperature range of -125°C to -150°C.
- Temperature monitoring and alerts: All models offer audio and visual alarms and an access port for remote temperature monitoring. Some models provide an eye-level door mounted color LCD touchscreen, which also provides a USB port for data transfer.
- Shelving: Except for the chest freezers, each ultra-low freezer has three shelves, which are adjustable.
- Hospital-grade cords: Our models are equipped with durable power cords that provide reliable, long-lasting performance.
- Security: All of our ultra-low freezers include keyed door locks for security.
- Door options: The models are equipped with insulated inner doors, and many feature an EZlatch, which is a simple one-handed opening mechanism that ensures the freezers operate at maximum energy efficiency.
Q: What voltage options do you have?
A: Most models have a choice of 115V or 208V/230V. Our local representatives can help make sure you pick the right voltage for your facility.
Q: Do you have backup options?
A: Yes, the most common is a liquid CO2 backup, but we also have a LN2 backup option. For most -80°C applications, a liquid CO2 with suffice. For our cryogenic -150°C freezer, you should opt for the LN2 backup.
Q: What kind of freezer rack options do you have?
A: We have side access and drawer racks that can fit 2” and 3” boxes or even centrifuge tubes. We have a wide selection, so please contact your local representative to see what works best for your application.
Q: Do you have any energy-saving models?
A: Yes, the VIP Eco series by PHCbi is a model that uses 60% less energy because of a combination of natural HC refrigerants and variable speed compressors. These models are ENERGY STAR® listed.